Monday, 13 February 2012

Cover Letter


Ch@n Jun_Yuan
BlK *** XXXX St 11 #01-01
Singapore 123456
Handphone number: 9787 XXXX

12th February 2012

Clara Wong
Human Resource Department
National University Health System
1E, Kent Ridge Road
Singapore 119228

Dear Ms. Wong
I am currently a NUS third year student earning my Bachelor of Engineering (Bioengineering) degree. Being in bioengineering has stirred my interest in medical care. Therefore, I will like to further my interest by pursuing a career with NUHS as an Engineer/Senior Engineer (BioMedical Engineering).

Being a NUHS engineer involves evaluation of the technical aspects of various medical instruments. My years as a Bioengineering undergraduate have equipped me with the basic knowledge which I believe will allow me to succeed in the job. In addition, having been involved in various CCAs since JC, I truly enjoy working with people to produce desired results and being an engineer in NUHS will allow me to continue my strive for excellence through teamwork.

Thank you for taking time to consider me for the position. Please contact me at on my handphone at 9787 XXXX or through email at12345abc@gmail.com if you have any questions for me. I look forward to joining NUHS.

Sincerely
Ch@n Jun_Yuan (Shouldn't I add "Mr." before my name? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for the employer to know which gender to address me when they contact me?)

3 comments:

  1. hey jun yuan, may i suggest you add a little more elaboration on your CCa involvement to your cover letter to give it a bit more beef. also just note you missed a spacing between "at" and "12345abc@gmail.com"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey jun yuan!

    I think the "body" of your cover letter lacks details.
    It would be better if you be more specific about the type of skills that you acquired through your CCA involvement, and how it would help you in your job as a bioengineer.

    Also note that there's a small error in your last paragraph "... contact me at on my handphone…".

    Lastly, there should be a line spacing between the salutation and your opening paragraph! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kai Shing and Valerie for your comments.
    I have totally ripped my cover letter apart and revamped it using both your inputs.

    ReplyDelete